Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Could this be it?

July 19th, Due Date: I had a Dr's appt today and she said that I am on my way past pre-labor (non-committal contractions for the last week or so) to early labor, the next stage. I am wary of this news as I don't want to get my hopes up, it seems too good to be true at this point! After a long walk in the sun on Alki I started getting stronger contractions in the evening around 7pm. (Ben said, "No kid of mine is going to be late" so baby did the best he/she could!) Soon they were 10 minutes apart and we called our doula, Ben's cousin Jenny. We were excited but knew that this is the longest phase and should try and get some sleep. It's now 5:30 am, Jenny is anxiously awaiting our next phone call, Ben stayed home from work and I continue to have contractions every 10 minutes. That's all for now, folks...next update will probably be from the proud daddy!

No comments: